This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2014: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005;
Online Media Contributor: theEXaminer 2007; Online Media Contributor: SB Nation 2007
WELCOME to MY SPORT'S BLOG! WHERE I WILL RANT and RAVE ABOUT ANYTHING SPORTS-RELATED!
I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY POSTS and that YOU SHARE the SAME AFFINITY for the "WIDE WORLD of SPORTS" LIKE ME!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

March Madness/Bracketology: And So Finally We Reach The Women's 'Elite Eight'!

I was disheartened and disappointed by the Lady Vols failure to reach the "Elite Eight".  I was hoping they would win one for their former and legendary Tennessee women's coach -- Pat Summitt, but it was not meant to be again this year.  The Lady Vols remain sans a championship since 2008.  The women's NCAA Basketball Championship now having eluded the Lady Vols for 6 consecutive years.  As I stated that the last time they won a championship was 2008 and coach Summitt had not yet announced her medical condition which broke all of our hearts; early onset Alzheimer's disease!  Last year the Lady Vols did reach the "Elite Eight" but lost to Louisville 86-78.
The Louisville region busted my bracket entering the second and third rounds.  Incorrectly I picked Tennessee to beat Maryland.  I also had the audacity (despite my better thinking) to pick WVU over regional-host team Louisville.  My bad! 
So my "Elite Eight" in this women's tourney took a bit of a beating.  However, I have to boast about the fact that I picked three out of four regions correct-a-mundo (Thanks, Fonzie, for the saying); those three regions (Lincoln, Notre Dame & Stanford) so far have not let me down!
So we continue down the road to the women's "Big Dance"!...

No comments: