This Website / Blog belongs to Dora M. Dominguez-Carey 2005: Background Template by Dora D. Carey 2014: Dominguez Generations, Inc. 2005;
Online Media Contributor: theEXaminer 2007; Online Media Contributor: SB Nation 2007
WELCOME to MY SPORT'S BLOG! WHERE I WILL RANT and RAVE ABOUT ANYTHING SPORTS-RELATED!
I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY POSTS and that YOU SHARE the SAME AFFINITY for the "WIDE WORLD of SPORTS" LIKE ME!

Monday, March 17, 2014

March Madness/Bracketology: Crazy, Mad People Trying To Win a Billion Dollars from Warren Buffett; But Not Me!

...I refuse to participate in this 'madness' of late! 
For one there are the odds: 1 in 9.2 quintillion chance of winning.  There are 68 teams and 63 games to take into account before you even start the process of picking your brackets.  Second, you must enter a cell phone number.  Some say you can enter a landline, but when researching and fact-checking, this person found the latter to be a complete falsehood.  They really require a cell number.  They want to be able to bombard you with text messages from Quicken Loans.  Personally speaking --we already have a great finance rate with our respective mortgage company.  We are almost through paying off our home so, NO, I do NOT need getting constant messages from Quicken Loans or any other company to re-fi, modify or whatever.  Plus, this person does NOT believe in handing out her cell phone number for any kind of contests.   I barely hand it out to loved ones or friends.  Bottom line  is that this is a shameless ploy being led by the callous antics of one Warren Buffett.  I guess this billionaire is bored with all those billions of his and needs a way to fill whatever emptiness dwells within himself.  Maybe his philanthropy eludes him these days.  Maybe he just wants to play human chess with us all; he just wants to sock it to the 'little people'!  Kind of a G-d complex if you ask me.  Whatever the cause or reason or if there truly is any so-called 'rhyme or reason'...this escapade is ridiculous. 
I won't reach out to others as I often do for political reasons to try to dissuade anyone from taking part in this scam.  I have a motto of live and let live.  Thus, I leave others alone to decide what is best in reference to this contest.  However, if millions of people wish to partake in this tomfoolery then I say let them.  I also say: 'let them eat cake!'  Because, folks, by the time March Madness/NCAA Basketball Tourney is over, the only true victor(s) of it all will be Quicken loans.  Quicken and Buffett will somehow come out smelling like RO$E$ after this supposed contest.
#Bracketology is my middle name so I will be filling out my brackets but via ESPN.   I have been doing this for many years.  I have gotten bracket-busted as millions of others, but for the last three years, I have at least made it through the "sweet sixteen" or the "elite eight", before my brackets were busted.  But at the end of it all, I have correctly picked the men's and women's NCAA Champs during said last three years!  I fill out a bracket for both the men's and women's tourney.  I do the same for the NIT (m/f)! 
I do it for love of the game.  It fascinates me.  Being a part of something of this magnitude just captivates me.  I love basketball.  I love all sports as I have often stated and as all my family and friends know about me.  March Madness incites a camaraderie of sorts which brings so many together.  Via the Internet via social media or texting or gathering at a local bar and grill to view the games...this time of the year is just so darn exciting.  It comes quickly and ends much too quickly --so for the short duration that all of us sports enthusiasts have to enjoy this affiliation, we will take advantage of all things #MarchMadness!  Carry on, sports world...

No comments: